[asterisk-users] better enumlookup handler

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri May 9 12:55:32 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 10:51 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:

> Have you taken a look at the ENUMQUERY() and ENUMRESULT() functions that are a
> part of Asterisk 1.6?
>
> The ENUMQUERY() function lets you do a single enum query

From a single zone it seems.  So that means a "for zone in $ZONES" type
of wrapper around ENUMQUERY/ENUMRESULT which means they have the same
limitation that my implementation currently has which is that you get a
(I'm assuming) priority ordered set of results for each zone rather than
a priority ordered list taken and sorted from all zones.

> for a number.  Then,
> the ENUMRESULT() function lets you access and iterate through all of the records
> received from the query.

What does ENUMRESULT return?  A single URI suitable for use in a Dial
command?  Are the results in ENUMRESULT() ordered per the NAPTR
ordering/priority specification?  i.e. so item 1 has the highest NAPTR
priority and n-1 the lowest?

> svn co http://svncommunity.digium.com/svn/russell/asterisk-1.4/

It applies cleanly to 1.4.17, so that is awesome.

b.