[asterisk-users] Polycom causes conference to fail

Jason Dixon jdixon at omniti.com
Fri May 9 11:36:38 CDT 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 12:27 PM, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> Jason Dixon schrieb:
>> We have a remote office that's having problems with their Polycom.
>> Sometime after they start a conference, the audio will halt and the
>> Polycom will become unresponsive.  The only recourse is to kill the
>> Polycom meetme.  Symptoms include a flood of RTP packets from the
>> Asterisk server to the Polycom, a loss of audio for all participants,
>> and the Polycom console becomes frozen.  It appears to be isolated to
>> this particular device;  we routinely have conference bridges with
>> other offices and Polycoms without issue.
>>
>> I've managed to get the output from "meetme list", "core show
>> channel"
>> and "meetme kick <id> 1" from today, but it's a lot of output.  Can I
>> forward this to the list?  I'm not very experienced with Asterisk, so
>> any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> If you think Asterisk may somehow be a part of the problem
> (... "loss of audio for all participants" ...) the best thing
> would probably be to open a bug in the bug tracker.
> http://bugs.digium.com

Considering we have other Polycoms (same model) operating successfully
in bridges, I'm hesitant to put all of the blame on an Asterisk bug.
But I guess it couldn't hurt, worst case is they smack me down and
tell me what we fudged up.  :)

For the sake of curiosity (if anyone is), here is the channel
information for the Polycom while it's in the frozen state.  Just
below that is the output from kicking it.

pbx*CLI> core show channel SIP/seattleconference-08a1fc68
  -- General --
            Name: SIP/seattleconference-08a1fc68
            Type: SIP
        UniqueID: 1210346914.429