[asterisk-users] Best Linux distribution to use in Asterisk server

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Fri May 9 10:50:59 CDT 2008

equis software wrote:
> Hi, I allways use Gentoo y my Asterisk servers and work well, but what
> do you think about to use Ubuntu or another distibution??
>
> Thanks

I have run Asterisk on several Fedora versions, Debian, Unslung (on the
NSLU2 or "Slug") and recently Ubuntu. My most critical servers are on
Debian and new ones will be on Ubuntu LTS.

I have had very few OS specific issues. I have always built from source
except on the Slug but I noticed that Ubuntu has it in the apt
repository which would be a great convenience if you are new to Linux or
manage a lot of servers.

For a newbie, I would recommend an Ubuntu LTS release.

Pick the distro you are most comfortable with.

regards,

Drew

--
Drew Gibson