[asterisk-users] dundi network - redundancy / fault tolerance ?

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Fri May 9 10:13:47 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 3:59 AM, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:
> Ex Vito wrote:
>>   Now, how to move on to acheive some kind of fault tolerance ?
>>   According to the docs we've studied, DUNDi does not like loops
>>   (which we assume one can limit with low enough TTLs).
>
> Which documentation are you referring to?  You may have misunderstood something,
> or there may be some false information floating around the internet (*GASP*).

  Went back and reviewd the docs (essentially: Asterisk TFOT 2nd ed, wiki, the
  excellent docs by JR Richardson and dundi.com)...

  ...in short: nowhere is such statement written. I presume we
"self-inflicted" such
  idea from the best practices mentioned in dundi.com and from the
special attention
  that should be taken when creating looping topologies regarding TTLs.

> As I said before, don't worry about loops.  Set your TTL to handle a worst case
> path for a query in your DUNDi topology.

  Great. That's now clear, thanks.

>>   - Assuming any of the above is possible as a means to acheive
>>     redundancy, which of the following topologies would your prefer ?
>>     #1 - http://www.2photosharing.com/images/qhpnzycd7j7kf26j2f.png
>>     #2 - http://www.2photosharing.com/images/npzbwvgnr4t079laou0.png
>>
>>   Thanks in advance for review and feedback.
>
> I'm not necessarily up on my graph theory, either, but I would probably go with
> something like #1.

  After internal discussion and reviewing the final example in the DUNDi
  protocol draft, while agreeing that the differences are actually small,
  we are also targetting #1...

  Again, thanks for your quick feedback, Russel.

  Cheers,
--
  exvito