[asterisk-users] Newbie IVR: How to read() before playback() is finished?

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Wed May 7 22:28:08 CDT 2008

> Besides the Background() app mentioned, you might like the WaitExten()
app

Thanks guys for your response.

I have had much success with Read() as below so that whenever I press a
key before the sound file finishes playing, it will read the digit and
move to the next line.
exten => 100,1,Answer()
exten => 100,n,Read(OPTION,SOUND-FILE,1)
exten => 100,n,GotoIf($[${OPTION} = 2]?do2:doothers)
[...]

However, I noticed that sometimes when I call from the outside line to
this number, I need to press the key many many times before the digit
can be read.  This does not happen if I do it on the LAN.

Is there any way I could fix this problem?