[asterisk-users] app_queue New Function ToggleQueueMemberUse()

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri May 9 09:15:23 CDT 2008

Benoit Plessis wrote:
> So i'm wondering if someone already as made a dialplan function that
> could toggle the 'Use' flag of
> an agent ? or if this kind of function would be integrated into the core
> if i build it ?

This is a slightly different approach, but have you seen the state interface
code that is in Asterisk 1.6?  There is a backport of the code for 1.4 floating
around somewhere, I think.  It allows you to specify a different device for a
queue member that app_queue will use to determine the state of an agent.  So,
you can still list a Local channel for dialing, but Asterisk will look at the
state of SIP/myphone, for example, to know whether the agent is busy or not.

Alternatively, if you would like to control the usability of an agent through
the dialplan, then you could use the DEVICE_STATE() function to create a custom
device state.  Then, you could list your custom "device" as what app_queue
should look at before attempting to call the agent.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer