[asterisk-users] Zap Channels Collide (Incoming & Outgoing)

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri May 9 08:24:48 CDT 2008

Drew Gibson wrote:
> I think the scary thing is that, for most people, basic knowledge of
> telephony was almost impossible to come by outside the opaque and
> secretive world of telco.
>
> That is until Asterisk came along!
>
> Perhaps there should be a regulatory requirement to read The Future of
> Telephony, cover to cover, before installing any Asterisk system! :-)
>
> http://www.asteriskdocs.org/

People that try to "wing it" and install Asterisk when they don't know
telecom just gives people a bad impression of Asterisk and VoIP in
general.  This helps nobody except the pocketbook of the consultant.

--
Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near