[asterisk-users] Zap Channels Collide (Incoming & Outgoing)

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Fri May 9 08:18:06 CDT 2008

I think the scary thing is that, for most people, basic knowledge of
telephony was almost impossible to come by outside the opaque and
secretive world of telco.

That is until Asterisk came along!

Perhaps there should be a regulatory requirement to read The Future of
Telephony, cover to cover, before installing any Asterisk system! :-)

http://www.asteriskdocs.org/

regards,

Drew

Al Baker wrote:
> I know that everyone has gaps in their knowledge, but I am just
> staggered that
> systems are being sold/deployed with such fundamental TELCO workings not
> being
> understood.  Frightening.
>
> C. Chad Wallace wrote:
>
>> At 5:22 PM on 08 May 2008, Forrest Beck wrote:
>>

>>> I have a client that is using the Sangoma A200DE with two phone
>>> lines attached.
>>>
>>> The problem is:
>>>
>>> They use their phone (Grandstream GXP2020) to dial out of the system.
>>> Instead of getting ringing, there is someone on the other end of the
>>> line that happened to dial in at the exact same moment.
>>>
>>> So now they are stuck talking with this person, instead of the one
>>> the originally called.
>>>
>>> The ZAP channels are in a dial plan context that instructs it to
>>> just dial the office phones.
>>>
>>> [zap1]
>>> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/1001&SIP/1002&SIP/1003)