[asterisk-users] better enumlookup handler

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu May 8 11:13:43 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 10:51 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:

> Have you taken a look at the ENUMQUERY() and ENUMRESULT() functions that are a
> part of Asterisk 1.6?

I have not even entertained thinking of 1.6 yet.  :-/

> The ENUMQUERY() function lets you do a single enum query for a number.  Then,
> the ENUMRESULT() function lets you access and iterate through all of the records
> received from the query.  Then, you can use dialplan logic to try each one
> without having to actually do the lookup over and over ...

Dude!  Where were you yesterday, before I spent a few hours last night
writing my AGI?  :-)

> I have an unsupported 1.4 backport of these functions available.
>
> svn co http://svncommunity.digium.com/svn/russell/asterisk-1.4/

Now that's what I want to hear.  Back port.  Woohoo!  I wonder how hard
a backport from your 1.4 to my 1.4.17 will be.  I might just have to
take a whack at it.  :-)

Thanx Russell!

b.