[asterisk-users] Asterisk Restarting due to segfault

Sanjay Rajdev sanjay.rajdev at featherstoneinformatics.com
Thu May 8 08:49:06 CDT 2008

I had a problem in the dictate app, which I have fixed. Thanks for the help.

By the way here is a description of what was happening.
app_dictate does not close the file descriptor after the call hangs or a new dictation starts, as and when the dictation increased the count of open file descriptor increased and forced the asterisk process to reach the limit of allowed maximum number of open file descriptor.
S o I added ast_closestream(fs), where ever I thought it was necessary and at the end I checked for
if(fs){
ast_closestream(fs) ;
}
this line was causing the problem, in case the file descriptor was already closed it was still going into the if and trying to close a closed descriptor.
I have made change to set fs = NULL everywhere after ast_closestream(fs)

I am not a developer for Asterisk and even cannot make changes in the SVN as I do not know lot about the branches in it, but if someone from your side can take the effort to change this It would be great help for others.

Regards,
Sanjay Rajdev