[asterisk-users] Ubuntu 8.04 + Astribank

Guilherme Loch Waltrick Góes glwgoes at gmail.com
Thu May 8 06:33:08 CDT 2008

Tzafir,
It's not working it, here's what the utilities told me:

root at asterisk:~# invoke-rc.d asterisk stop
 * Stopping Asterisk PBX: asterisk
   ...done.
root at asterisk:~# invoke-rc.d zaptel stop
Unloading zaptel hardware drivers:.
root at asterisk:~# /usr/share/zaptel/xpp_fxloader usb
--------- FIRMWARE LOADING: (usb) [1 devices]
'xpp_fxloader'[6583]: USB Firmware /usr/share/zaptel/USB_FW.hex into
/dev/bus/usb/005/003
..Got all 1 devices
--------- FIRMWARE IS LOADED
root at asterisk:~# mount procbususb /proc/bus/usb -t usbfs
root at asterisk:~# grep usb /proc/filesystems
nodev usbfs
root at asterisk:~# zaptel_hardware
usb:005/004          xpp_usb-     e4e4:1151 Astribank-multi USB-firmware
root at asterisk:~# lsusb
Bus 005 Device 004: ID e4e4:1151
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 058f:6362 Alcor Micro Corp. Hi-Speed 21-in-1 Flash
Card Reader/Writer (Internal/External)
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
root at asterisk:~# invoke-rc.d zaptel restart
Unloading zaptel hardware drivers:.
Waiting for zap to come online...OK
 wct4xxp.
 wcte12xp.
 wct1xxp.
 wcte11xp.
 wctdm24xxp.
 wcfxo.
 wctdm.
 wcusb.
 xpp_usb.
No functioning zap hardware found in /proc/zaptel, loading ztdummy
Running ztcfg: done.
root at asterisk:~# genzaptelconf
root at asterisk:~# cat /etc/zaptel.conf
# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
# Zaptel Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
#

# It must be in the module loading order

# Span 1: ZTDUMMY/1 "ZTDUMMY/1 (source: HRtimer) 1" (MASTER)

# Global data

loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

Any hints ? What else can I do ?

Best Regards,

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 01:03:53PM -0300, Guilherme Loch Waltrick Góes
> wrote:
> > I'm using Zaptel 1.4.10 compiled from source, it's an Astribank with
> > 6FXS+2FXO here's the output of some commands:
> > root at asterisk:~# invoke-rc.d asterisk stop
> >  * Stopping Asterisk PBX: asterisk
> >    ...done.
> > root at asterisk:~# invoke-rc.d zaptel restart
> > Unloading zaptel hardware drivers:.
> > Waiting for zap to come online...OK
> >  wct4xxp.
> >  wcte12xp.
> >  wct1xxp.
> >  wcte11xp.
> >  wctdm24xxp.
> >  wcfxo.
> >  wctdm.
> >  wcusb.
> >  xpp_usb.
> > No functioning zap hardware found in /proc/zaptel, loading ztdummy
> > Running ztcfg: done.
> > root at asterisk:~# lsusb
> > Bus 005 Device 003: ID e4e4:1150
> > Bus 005 Device 002: ID 058f:6362 Alcor Micro Corp. Hi-Speed 21-in-1 Flash
> > Card Reader/Writer (Internal/External)
> > Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> > Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> > Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> > Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> > Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> > root at asterisk:~# zaptel_hardware
> > root at asterisk:~#
>
> I think that this is because they no longer mount usbfs by default and
> we rely on it for some details of the perl utilities.
>
> fxload and fpgaload, OTOH, do not rely on it. Make sure you have the
> package "fxload" installed and disconnect / reconnect the Astribank
> (or run '/usr/share/zaptel/xpp_fxloader usb').
>
> To mount usbfs:
>
>  mount procbususb /proc/bus/usb -t usbfs
>
> (to see if it is available: 'grep usb /proc/filesystems')
>
> But I think that apart from zaptel_hardware, our other utilities do not
> rely on /proc/bus/usb and should work well.
>
> --
>                Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com<jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

Guilherme Loch Góes

Visite nossa loja virtual: http://www.shopvoip.com.br

Notícias e Fórum sobre VoIP com software livre:
http://www.asteriskexperts.com.br