[asterisk-users] Ubuntu 8.04 + Astribank

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed May 7 14:23:13 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 01:03:53PM -0300, Guilherme Loch Waltrick Góes wrote:
> I'm using Zaptel 1.4.10 compiled from source, it's an Astribank with
> 6FXS+2FXO here's the output of some commands:
> root at asterisk:~# invoke-rc.d asterisk stop
>  * Stopping Asterisk PBX: asterisk
>    ...done.
> root at asterisk:~# invoke-rc.d zaptel restart
> Unloading zaptel hardware drivers:.
> Waiting for zap to come online...OK
>  wct4xxp.
>  wcte12xp.
>  wct1xxp.
>  wcte11xp.
>  wctdm24xxp.
>  wcfxo.
>  wctdm.
>  wcusb.
>  xpp_usb.
> No functioning zap hardware found in /proc/zaptel, loading ztdummy
> Running ztcfg: done.
> root at asterisk:~# lsusb
> Bus 005 Device 003: ID e4e4:1150
> Bus 005 Device 002: ID 058f:6362 Alcor Micro Corp. Hi-Speed 21-in-1 Flash
> Card Reader/Writer (Internal/External)
> Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> root at asterisk:~# zaptel_hardware
> root at asterisk:~#

I think that this is because they no longer mount usbfs by default and
we rely on it for some details of the perl utilities.

fxload and fpgaload, OTOH, do not rely on it. Make sure you have the
package "fxload" installed and disconnect / reconnect the Astribank
(or run '/usr/share/zaptel/xpp_fxloader usb').

To mount usbfs:

  mount procbususb /proc/bus/usb -t usbfs

(to see if it is available: 'grep usb /proc/filesystems')

But I think that apart from zaptel_hardware, our other utilities do not
rely on /proc/bus/usb and should work well.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com