[asterisk-users] Basic modules of Asterisk

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed May 7 17:41:00 CDT 2008

Sanjay Rajdev wrote:
> I just want to Run Asterisk with the basic required modules, What can I do to achieve so?
>
> My only requirement is to run SIP clients and the Dictate Module.

1) Before compiling and installing Asterisk, run "make menuselect" to select
only the modules that you want to use.  That way, only those modules are
compiled and installed.

2) After installing Asterisk, edit /etc/asterisk/modules.conf.  By default,
Asterisk will load all installed modules.  You can turn off the autoload
functionality, and explicitly list the modules that you need.  You probably want
pbx_config, chan_sip, app_dictate, app_dial, probably some others ...

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer