[asterisk-users] IAX issues with 1.4.19.1

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed May 7 17:35:03 CDT 2008

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Right.  Which to me at least, "tightly couples" it.  IOW, the security
> fix, while yes, it fixes the security problem, is quite useless without
> this other fix as it makes iax2 unstable.

I agree with you.

I am in the process of working on the Asterisk 1.2.20 release, which will
contain this IAX2 fix.  However, you have convinced me that this fix should be
released against the previous security release, as well.

So, tomorrow, I will make an Asterisk 1.4.19.2 release, which includes this one
change.  As a part of making that release, it will come with a patch against
1.4.19.1, which will include the changes needed to make IAX2 usable again, if
people needed the patch for a custom version.

I will also update the security advisory to note the effects of the original
changes to address the security issue.

I will then publish announcements as usual that to hopefully notify everyone
that doesn't closely monitor commits to Asterisk, or other high volume Asterisk
mailing lists.

Thanks for the feedback,

--
Russell Bryant