[asterisk-users] IAX issues with 1.4.19.1

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue May 6 08:56:14 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 08:42 -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> It's not actually a fix to the security fix.

No, indeed.

> The security fix simply
> highlighted an issue which was already present in Asterisk.

That may be true, but the security fix now depends on that new fix, so
it's tangentially related at least.

> You would
> have seen this same issue prior to the security fix simply by running
> 'iax2 show channels', as that command runs through every single slot
> in the channel array, looking for active channels.  The security issue
> fix simply made that slow search process (already there, nothing new)
> painfully obvious.

Right.  Which to me at least, "tightly couples" it.  IOW, the security
fix, while yes, it fixes the security problem, is quite useless without
this other fix as it makes iax2 unstable.

b.