[asterisk-users] Help Please - Asterisk MYSQL interface seems to be eating data

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Wed May 7 09:10:19 CDT 2008

Steve Totaro schrieb:

> I would not run MySQL on the local box.  I would simple use Asterisk's
> csv CDRs and then use some script to import the CSVs into a database
> residing on another server using some sort of script.  Depending on
> your needs, you could probably run that during low call volume.  I
> also think that you adapt the free queue_log to database script by
> Queuemetrics to do what you want on the fly.

We're using a custom script for the queue_log -> db import
in Gemeinschaft as well. But I'm not really happy with that.
You need to run such a script at least once a minute to get
real-time statistics for the GUI etc. Everything could be
much nicer if Asterisk wrote the queue log into the database
directly.
As an alternative solution you can use a named pipe. But
Asterisk is not prepared to handle the broken pipe error
which occurs if your script should ever fail to read from
the pipe.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998