[asterisk-users] Receptionist SNOM-360

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed May 7 05:27:36 CDT 2008

Hi!

> I got an Asterisk with 2 BRI(7 pstn numbers and 4 concurrent calls)
> and 15 SIP extensions.
> The receptionist has a SNOM-360.
> How many SIP accounts would you configure on that phone?
> Only one would be enough?

Yes.

> One SIP account, has a limit on concurrent calls?

No, not that I am aware of (on the SNOM side, certainly not on the
Asterisk side).

Hint: sometimes testing things yourself is both faster & better than
asking a simple question on a mailing lists with thousands of
subscribers...

> I saw that the SNOM-360 can handle up to eleven SIP accounts.

12 accounts to be precise, but account != line, so you are perfectly fine
with 1 account for 4 concurrent calls.

Just make sure you have enough "Line" buttons configured on your SNOM
keypad, i.e. at least 4 as otherwise your receptionist will have fun
navigating between the different calls that are on hold. And do look at
the "call-limit" setting in sip.conf.

Cheers, Philipp