[asterisk-users] asterisk queue cluster

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 14:21:19 CDT 2008

I setup two asterisk servers with identical settings
(same extensions, same queues, etc). Each one is
connected to the same amount of incoming/outgoing
links (1 PRI, 4 BRI, 1 IAX  friend, etc, on each box).
Most extensions are sip and they register via DNS SRV
and other methods so that the two servers are load
balanced. Incoming PSTN calls (BRI) reach 50% each
server so that's load balanced too. I use DUNDi with a
IAX friend between the 2 servers to lookup where an
extension was registered (whether on pbx1 or pbx2).
Everything is working as expected (SIP on PBX1 calls
SIP on PBX2 and vice versa; PSTN incoming call reaches
SIP extension or group whether it registered on pbx1
or pbx2, etc.).

My question regards queues.
Incoming PSTN calls have 50% chance of entering, say,
queue number 1000 on pbx1 and 50% on pbx2 (same queue
1000). All calls will be correctly bridged to the
agent, whether it randomly registered on pbx1 or pbx2.
However, how can I make pbx1 and pbx2 "counters
consistent"? ie. first call enters queue 1000 on pbx1
and will have position 1; second call entes queue 1000
and happens to fall on pbx2 and will also have
position 1. The worst case would be if there are, say,
10 callers in queue 1000 on pbx1 and the 11th call
arrives on pbx2 with position 1.

Is there a way of coherently setting up a clustered
queue?
Does anyone have examples/workarounds/links?

Thanks!

Vieri