[asterisk-users] AGI - Choppy Sound

Marcelo Freitas marcelocbf at comcast.net
Mon May 5 20:53:21 CDT 2008

Hi Robert,

Thanks for replying and I'm glad you have an application running nicely through phpAGI ...
Now answering your questions ...

what’s the load on the box during the times it’s choppy?

I was testing at night ... I mean NO simultaneous calls going through the server ... It is good machine (Dell Xeon 2.8GHZ, 1GB RAM ... cpu load >; 10%) ... I also notice the problem as other calls were up too ... sometimes the quality is bad ... sometimes good

Are calls in
general choppy during that same point or just calls going through AGI?

I never had this problem with my normal menu ... and when I call and I have the problem I tried to hangup and call the other number for the other menu ... and  ... no problems ...
It's hard to verify ... because I call ... it's choppy ... hangup and call again ... sometimes it's choppy sometimes not ...

You
mention the attendant voice becomes choppy?

Yes, when I call and the call is not good, and during the same call I try to talk to one atendant, I almost cannot hear her/his, but the sound for him/her is good ...
That's why I don't know if it is a problem with the recordings I did, because the agent's voice is also bad

Is the attendant totally outside of
your AGI scripts?

I'm sorry, what did you mean ? Usually what I do is ... Answer the incoming call - send to AGI - it does the logic and play some sounds - and I do and exec_goto to an context,extension,priority that has a queue setup - and from there on they answer the calls

What codecs are your clients using?
The incoming calls - IAX/ilbc
Connection to agents - SIP/ulaw
it's the same as the other menu ...