[asterisk-users] FW: Asterisk 3rd party developed commercial software sales licensing platform

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Mon May 5 11:33:49 CDT 2008

Thanks Olle,

Concentrating on your 3rd point;

> A third item is the ability for a marketplace for addons that doesn't
> require licensing from Digium. Tools that connect over manager and/or
> AGI/FastAGI. I think we could be better at putting these to market
> than we are - internally in the community. I've seen plenty of tools
> during my meetings with community people at conferences and trainings,
> tools that could find resellers and distributors world-wide if we had
> the internal network for it.

Can you offer some suggestions or advice about how best to license these
applications?

Is tying it to a nic address like the G729 model a good idea?

Is there a better way to do this? How does this affect applications that
might run on a users pc in a client mode?

What should we be aware of when trying to design a licensing schema like
this?

Cheers,
Dean