[asterisk-users] China vaults past USA in Internet users - now 220 million users in China

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun May 4 10:30:48 CDT 2008

A special I saw on TV recently about censorship on the internet and
the Chinese government had many younger users, speaking under
anonymity, saying that they all use some method of getting around the
blocks by using proxies or tunneling via SSH.  I think it is only the
first gen. computer user's that do not have that common knowledge.

They used Google results for "Falun Gong" both through the Government
filters and through a proxy as well as "Tienanmen Square"  The results
were, not surprisingly, very different.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro