[asterisk-users] rebooting newer cisco phones

Joe Pukepail pukepail at gmail.com
Fri May 2 12:25:52 CDT 2008

Does anyone have a solution for remotely getting the newer cisco phones
(7941, 7961, 7970, etc ) to reread their configs (or even rebooting).  I am
running SIP firmware connected to asterisk.

Check-sync doesn't seem to work anymore, I can't login to the phones as root
because I am given a "challenge: <random digits>password:" prompt.
occasionally I need to make changes to phones at remote locations, only
solution I have now is rebooting the POE switch. Kinda an overkill.