[asterisk-users] New generic sounds

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri May 2 11:32:29 CDT 2008

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:

> oooh boy wouldn't I be frustrated if I heard that instead of a ring when
> I dialed 911?  what else is it gonna tell me?

Actually, I can see the reasoning.

Most of our 911 calls are by accident.  9 for an outside line and 1 for
long distance.  They forget that they've hit the 1 and hit it again
(Making that 911 call).  We got complaints from the 911 provider and I
ended up putting a 3 second delay on the 911.  If it was a mistake, it
gave them enough time to hangup.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: