[asterisk-users] New generic sounds

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri May 2 11:32:51 CDT 2008

It introduces a small delay before dialing, giving the user a chance to
panic and hangup when they realize they dialed 911 instead of 9-1-phone
number.  The local Sheriff's office has gotten so many 911 hangup calls
from my client they will begin charging my client for the false alarms.

If someone is going to die because of an extra 4 seconds to patch the
call thru to 911, I doubt they will be around to sue anyone anyway.

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
> Eric Wieling wrote:
>> The word "Dialing..." and "Calling..."
>>
>> As in "Dialing 911, please wait..."
>>
>> and as in "Calling 911, please wait..."
>>
> oooh boy wouldn't I be frustrated if I heard that instead of a ring when
> I dialed 911?  what else is it gonna tell me?

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.