[asterisk-users] Asterisk - CRM Integration

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu May 1 11:57:48 CDT 2008

On Thursday 01 May 2008 11:04:03 Bill Andersen wrote:
> Michiel van Baak wrote:
> > Have a look at Covide: http://sourceforge.net/projects/covide
> > </shameless_plug>
>
> Wow, what a disaster of an open source project.  Install docs
> are impossible to use.  Many, many inaccuracies. I Never could
> get it working.  If you want acceptance, better make it easy to
> install.

I think you just missed the point of open source.  Projects are almost
always "I made this to satisfy a need for myself, and it's open for others
to examine and contribute."  If you see a need for an easy installation
process, then by all means, you should contribute that.

> I don't care how well it works once installed, if I have to spend
> hours just figuring out HOW to get it installed,  I won't waste
> my time.  Covide might be a good project, but I KNOW Suger-CRM is
> because I set it up in about 15 minutes and SAW that it was...

Ease of setup does not always translate to best-of-breed.

--
Tilghman