[asterisk-users] jingle with Asterisk + PSTN

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 10:27:36 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Ali Jawad <alijawad1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So should I register directly on the asterisk server or should I send
>  the voice calls through ejabberd to asterisk ?

You can't register an XMPP client on Asterisk, because it's not an
XMPP server. The required steps to establish a Jingle voice call to
Asterisk are :
- register Asterisk on an XMPP server (ex. talk.google.com,  but it
can be any XMPP server) ;
- register your XMPP (Jingle capable) client on any XMPP server ;
- make sure both these XMPP clients are buddies ;
- place your call directly to Asterisk.

In order to have your Jingle call relayed to the PSTN, you must edit
your Asterisk dialplan accordingly.

Philippe