[asterisk-users] overlap calls from NT-BRI timeout problem

Thomas Winter thowinter at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:09:44 CDT 2008

Hi,
Iam getting calls from an POTS system on an NT port. Multiport BRI card
running bristuff 0.3.
From time to time the recognized number is incomplete and dial failed.

Is there any way to increase timeout waiting for called numbers?

Because dialed numbers can be from 3 to 13 digits there is no way to regocnize
the completeness of the number. Other option switch to en-block dialing is
not possible because of bad documentation of the old POTS system.

I hear the old telephone provider can validate numbers and so they can avoid
such problems. I guess I do not get access to this POTS club information.

best regards
Thomas