[asterisk-users] jingle with Asterisk + PSTN

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 08:55:49 CDT 2008

Hi Ali,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Ali Jawad <alijawad1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>  I am developing a client that uses libjingle to do xmpp stuff with
>  ejabberd. I can also make audio calls between those clients. What I am
>  trying to archive now is to send calls to pstn using jingle. I was
>  told in the jingle-dev community that asterisk can do that.

Asterisk speaks Jingle indeed. If you're using a libjingle based
client, you'll have to set up a GoogleTalk connection to Asterisk
through the chan_gtalk channel driver.

Those good pointers will help :
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Google+Talk
http://taug.ca/node/43

Note : the chan_jingle channel driver implements the Jingle (not
GoogleTalk related), so it won't work with libjingle even though the
names sound close.

>  Is there any way to send jingle audio calls to asterisk and will it
>  understand them ? If yes..can I forward those calls to PSTN  ?

PSTN, SIP, H323, SCCP, ... or any protocol implemented in Asterisk!

Philippe