[asterisk-users] Tests in VMWare

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 21:17:28 CDT 2008

If you leave all of the modules enabled, which one does it have a
problem with? You should be able to run "asterisk -vvvvvc" to see where
it stops loading. The last line or so should give you the module that it
tried to load before it failed. Based on the last time I tried to
install under Ubuntu, you're probably failing to load the Zap module.
Since you're in a VM and it's unlikely that you're using Zap for
anything, you can disable chan_zap.so and see if your Asterisk starts
properly then.

Cheers,
AR