[asterisk-users] Tests in VMWare

Ein Bielaczyc ebielaczyc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 19:50:10 CDT 2008

I'm just wondering if any one else has tried to successfully install
Asterisk on Ubuntu inside VM.

I've installed Ubuntu without incident or error. Even the install of
Asterisk is relatively straightforward as it is maintained in one of
the repositories. But when I attempt to start Asterisk I get a nice
Segmentation Fault. I've narrowed down the problem somewhat. If I
disable modules from automatically loading in modules.conf, e.g.
autoload=no, Asterisk will start. If I keep the default, autoload=yes,
Asterisk fails to start (seg fault). I can't find in any of the other
config files where Asterisk may be trying to load a module and
therefore crashing the system.

I'm really just trying to experiment with different features and
configurations of multiple Asterisk machines and would prefer to do
that in virtual space. I'm willing to make my configs available. I
just thought I'd drop this email on the list hoping for the chance
that someone has dealt and corrected this problem. :-)

Thanks much in advance.

--
Ein Bielaczyc <ebielaczyc at gmail.com>

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.2510-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention,
strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received
the message in error, then delete it.