[asterisk-users] Langugae issue

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Sun Mar 30 10:16:00 CDT 2008

Am Sonntag, den 30.03.2008, 09:54 -0400 schrieb Mike Trest - Personal:
> Ayman,
>
> One solution is to write an AGI scrip to parse the number and read
> back in Arabic semantic order.  for the last two digits and for
> certain special numbers like 11 , 100 , 1000, ... .    I must bring
> out my old Arabic language books to do this myself, but if you will
> share the language files with the asterisk group, then  I will make an
> example AGI for you that we can share with the list.
>
> If you are agreeable, let us  continue EMAIL messages privately until
> we have something working that we can share with the list.
>
> ..mike..

Dear Mike,

for me it seems that this is what say.conf is good for:
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/branches/1.6.0/configs/say.conf.sample?revision=105596&view=markup
(which seems to be considered the "new" format).

Perhaps it would be better to implement Arabic there than by means of an
AGI script. Be sure to check with the developers wether this will be
relevant for Asterisk 1.4 or if you need to go with 1.6 SVN to benefit.

Best regards

Anselm