[asterisk-users] How many maximum SIP Registrations can Asterisk Handle

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Sun Mar 30 05:59:40 CDT 2008

I'd say several thousands i n normal circumstances, but i would also
like to recommend not to use asterisk for large scale registrations, its
better to do those on SER for example, and route the calls through
asterisk for termination, voicemail, conferencing etc.
It all depends on how fast the reregistration time is set on those end
devices and how much the registrations will collide in the same small
interval.

SER doesn't handle audio so even if the registration gets a little
delayed because a flood arrives, the audio won't suffer.

Zoa