[asterisk-users] Had it with Dell Garbage - HP Question

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Mar 29 02:13:08 CDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 02:34:36AM -0400, Al Baker wrote:
> Helps a bunch !!!
> One follow up question - out of all of your possible choices for the OS
> how did you pick *Debian*.
> I 'm not saying is bad, I just know nothing about the particular disto.
> and and very curious what
> it brought to the table that made you pick over say *RedHat* - where you
> can *buy support *or *SUSE* - where you can *buy support*. My fear from
> hell is that I' get 50 or 60 of these boxes in, start having kernel
> panics, and have no damn body to help except the folks on mailing lists.
> Mind you these are often really smart people, very generously giving of
> their time, but not quite the say as a manned/paid support organization.

What exactly is supported?

Specifically, RHEL does not include Zaptel. And is not likely to include
the kernel Zaptel modules until Zaptel comes closer to mainline kernel.

SLES includes a Zaptel package of its own. 1.2.4 .

Will they support a system that has unsupported kernel code?

What is the alternative? buy support elsewhere. There are people who
will support your Debian / Centos / whatever boxes. With RHEL and SuSE
you have to buy support. With Debian it is optional.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com