[asterisk-users] Question about PCI Slots for DIGIUMs Boards

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Mar 27 13:30:52 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 12:16 -0400, Al Baker wrote:
> ==========================
> Here is the Confusion   - 1)  Can ANY of your QUAD cards go in the "PCI Express - two x8 slots"   - Yes or NO ?

Yes, the TE420B will fit.  It's a 4-port T1/E1/J1/PRI card with echo
cancellation on-board.  It only fits in PCI Express slots.

>                            2  Can ANY of your QUAD cards go in the "PCI Express - two x8 LOW Profile Slots"  - Yes or No ?

No, none of our PCI Express cards are low-profile (as far as I know)

>                            3) Can your Quad cards you list as fitting a "PCI or PCI-X 3.3 Volt Slots"  fit in  the "PCI-X: 64-bit/100MHz" slot
>                               OR would I have to ask the vendor "Is this PCI-X:  64-bit/100MHz"  definitely a 3.3 Volt Slot ?
>                                Yes - It would absolutely definitely fit OR NO - It will NOT fit   OR   To answer that I need more info  ?????

You would need to ask your vendor whether or not the PCI-X slot is a 3.3
volt or a 5.0 volt slot.  I'm guessing it's 3.3 volts, but that's just a
guess.

Here's a link to a decent article explaining the difference between PCI
and PCI Express slots, if you're interested.
http://www.geeks.com/techtips/2006/techtips-24sept06.htm

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager