[asterisk-users] callers in queue passed to agents who accept only one call at a time

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 11:32:24 CDT 2008

I have a queue I configured as "strict" and a cron
script I use to QueueAdd and QueueRemove agents
according to my company's requirements. Usually I have
2 or 3 agents at a time and the ring strategy is
ringall.

These agents use non-open-source Windows softphones
that do not let you configure it so that if they're on
the phone, a second call will be rejected (agent
busy). Instead, it's as if they had call waiting and
incoming calls keep popping up while they're
conversating with the first caller and they would like
to avoid this.

I guess the easiest solution would be to find an
open-source or free softphone that can be configured
to accept only one call at a time (currently using
SJphone).

Another solution would be if I could tell the Queue()
application that if an agent is InUse then don't pass
the call.

Still another yet more delicate solution would be to
have a custom script "receive" manager events related
to the queue which in turn replies with an agi
command. For example, whenever an agent answers a call
I think that an event such as QueueMemberStatus can be
triggered (although I don't know how). If the custom
script could receive this event in realtime then it
would run an agi command such as
QueueRemove(busyagent...). When the agent is free
again I suppose the same event is triggered and the
custom script can QueueAdd(freeagent...).

Could anyone please give me some pointers on this?

Thanks!

Vieri