[asterisk-users] Asterisk parking hold and transferdigittimeo ut

Guido Hecken guido.hecken at gwsnettech.de
Wed Mar 26 06:30:17 CDT 2008

SOLUTION ###########################

Thanks for the tip, it was really the dialplan. In our * installations we
have an
outgoing context, named capi-out starting with this:

[capi-out]
exten => _XXX.,1,DoSomethingReallyImpressive()

After I changed it to:

[capi-out]
include => notfall ; special context for 3-digit emergency numbers
exten => _XXXX.,1,DoSomethingReallyImpressive()

[notfall]
exten => _11X,1,Dial(CAPI/ISDN3/${EXTEN}/b,60,tT)

BTW these includes are really magic, cause sometimes they don't do what you
(especially I) expext.
Please take a look at this:

EXAMPLE ###########################

;DIALPLAN

[capi-in]
include => capi-in-sub
exten => _955623XX,1,DoSomethingReallyImpressive()

[capi-in-sub]
exten => 9556230,1,DoSomethingReallyImpressive()
exten => 95562315,1,DoSomethingAnybodyWouldExpect()

Now, what happens:

Call for 9556230 reaches capi-in, is redirected through include statement to
capi-in-sub and executed.
So far so fine, expected behaviour.

Call for 95562315 reaches capi-in and is executed direct, the include
directive isn't executed at all!
Why?
Through the include statement, asterisk has to look first in capi-in-sub,
there it should
find this extension:
exten => 95562315,1,DoSomethingAnybodyWouldExpect()

and follow the dialplan under capi-in-sub since a valid extension was found.

What's wrong, any ideas?

Regards,

Guido Hecken

gwsNetTech