[asterisk-users] Asterisk parking hold and transferdigittimeout

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Mar 25 17:22:42 CDT 2008

Guido Hecken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> anyone out there with the same problems and a possible solution to the
> following?
>
> The functions callparking and hold use the same transferdigittimeout in
> features.conf.
> While I think 3 to 5 seconds are enough to let the user "find" their keys on
> the phone,
> the double ammount of time ( 2 x 5 secs) you have to wait before a call is
> parked and
> the parkposition is announced, is really too long.
> Did I miss something in the documentation?
>
> We are using SVN-branch-1.4-r96449.
>

> Regards,
>
> Guido Hecken
>

> gwsNetTech
> Guido Hecken
>
> Quirrenbacher Str. 36
> 53639 Königswinter
> Germany
>

> fon     +49(2244) 870663
> fax     +49(2244) 870664
> mobil  +49(179) 1267353
> web     http://www.gwsnettech.de
> mailto:guido.hecken at gwsnettech.de

It seems that the dialplan comes into play.  If your parking lot is 700,
and you have any extension patterns that COULD begin with that, then
asterisk will wait to make SURE you're not typing 700xxxx:

Let's say that 700 is my parking lot extension.

exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,blahblahblah

This could match 7005551212, so asterisk waits around to make sure I'm
not trying to find any more buttons before it accepts that I meant 700.
As an example, if your parking lot extension was **, then asterisk could
be pretty darn sure that that won't match anything else, and will accept
it directly as a number to transfer too.