[asterisk-users] How to capture destination number when receive call through ZAP

Håkan Källberg hk at simulina.se
Tue Mar 25 08:56:42 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:09:34AM -0800, Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
> Distinctive Ringing might be available from your telecom provider.
>
> mark morreny wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am using Digium PCI board to receive PSTN call through regular phone
> > line.  It is no problem for me to receive calls, but I am not able to
> > capture the destination number through the ZAP channel
> >

> > exten => s, n, Verbose(1|destination to ${EXTEN}  )
> >

> > ${EXTEN} returns 's' instead of the actual destination number.  Since
> > I have multiple phone numbers, I want to be able to route different
> > calls to different places.

Disregarding the fact, that the information might not be
available at all - The general trick to get it ( if available )
is to write something like:

    exten => _X.,1,NoOp(The called number was: ${EXTEN})

That is: A Pattern "_X." instead of "s".

It works well with any Zap PRI, or mISDN line I have set up. With
analog lines I don't know.

Regards:					Håkan