[asterisk-users] Unable to obtain dialed number through ZAP

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Mon Mar 24 18:02:21 CDT 2008

mark morreny wrote:
> What I need to do is to try to route called based on the dialed number
> as I have multiple DIDs on my line.  Is this something that can be
> done?  Is this something to do with the hardware that I am using?  If
> so, what kind of hardware do I need to accomplish this task?
>
> zapata.conf:
>
> [trunkgroups]
> <snip>
> context=incoming
> signalling=fxs_ks
> channel => 1
>
> signalling=fxo_ks
> channel=>2
Hi Mark,

It looks like you're using an analog line so you don't have the
advantage of a dial line telling you the dialed number.

If your provider has enabled distinctive ringing on your line you might
be able to accomplish this.  I have never tried to have asterisk
recognize distinctive rings and this wiki page doesn't look too
promising, but take a look:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+ZAP+channels#DetectingDistinctiveRingonIncomingCalls

Best regards,
Trevor Peirce