[asterisk-users] Passing variables over IAX2 -- IAXVAR patch?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Mar 24 17:52:51 CDT 2008

Watkins, Bradley wrote:
> Being able to pass variables around between systems is by *definition*
> channel-specific, since the channel driver is the module responsible for
> speaking a given protocol.  Besdies, SIP already has (and has had for a
> long time) a method for doing this (SIP headers).  So does ISDN, for
> that matter (IEs).

I agree.  However, I can't see ANY reason to not make the interface
similar to the interface used for SIP Headers, i.e. SIPAddHeader.

Stuff should work the same (from the perspective of the dialplan) across
channel types as much as possible.

--
Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near