[asterisk-users] More Broadvoice woes. Who's fault could thisbe?

Jon Miron mironj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:56:29 CDT 2008

I did do an upgrade to 1.4 (from 1.2), which is what lead me to try
phoning my BV number from my cell.  It's long distance for me so I
don't call it ever.  I wasn't able to get calls so I was placing a few
test calls to see if I could get it to ring.  I was getting fast busy
signals at first but then a few days later I get the fax machine sound
when I try to call.

Oddly enough though, as I sit here typing this email, I decided to try
a softphone to see what happens..  Called using my Link2VoIP account,
and yet a 3rd source that I got the fax machine noise from.  Decided I
would give BV a call, but for whatever reason I reconnected it back to
Asterisk and give it ONE last shot, and the damn thing works now.
100% works.

I think I'm still going to port away from them though.  Their customer
service really is sub-standard.

Thanks all for your help though :)