[asterisk-users] estimation on phone network capacity

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Mar 24 13:52:58 CDT 2008

mark morreny schrieb:

> I am working on deploying voip for my company and would like to seek some
> advice on the number of E1 lines we need to rent.

E1 is not VoIP. :-)

> Our telco told us that
> there can be at most 30 concurrent channels on an E1 line.  Typically, what
> is the maximum number of DIDs that we can allocate to that E1 line before
> users get frequent "all lines are busy"?  We are running a support center
> with mostly incoming calls.  Is there any rule of thumb that are typically
> used for this kind of estimation?

How about logging how many concurrent calls you have _today_?
And I'd say it depends on how much "lost" calls you can tolerate.

Regards,
   Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998