[asterisk-users] estimation on phone network capacity

mark morreny markmorreny at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 13:14:32 CDT 2008

Hi

I am working on deploying voip for my company and would like to seek some
advice on the number of E1 lines we need to rent.  Our telco told us that
there can be at most 30 concurrent channels on an E1 line.  Typically, what
is the maximum number of DIDs that we can allocate to that E1 line before
users get frequent "all lines are busy"?  We are running a support center
with mostly incoming calls.  Is there any rule of thumb that are typically
used for this kind of estimation?

Thanks,
Mark