[asterisk-users] app_sms and smsq in germany

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Mon Mar 24 11:46:18 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 15:03 +0100, Tobias Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've been trying to get fixed line sms working for some time now.
>
> Can anybody tell me, if he is actualy using this with asterisk in germany?

I _was_ using with Deutsche Telekom (dialing 0193010), but the message
delivery was so darn unreliable (sometimes it took several DAYS before
SMS were forwarded on, and then they all went in a bunch. yak).
However, if you want to try, you might be able to dial 0193010 on your
DOKOM pri to transmit sms.

Nowadays, for transmission of sms, I use kapow (http://www.kapow.co.uk)
which allows you to set the sender-number to a german number if you
register. I also use sipgate (http://www.sipgate.de) scripts. They also
work very well.

For receiving sms on my landline, I still use telekom, but as I said,
the service is so lousy I don't rely on it anymore. Just didn't find
anything better in Germany yet ;(
If you want more details of this setup, let me know, happy to provide.

Conrad