[asterisk-users] app_sms and smsq in germany

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Mon Mar 24 09:03:46 CDT 2008

Hi,

i've been trying to get fixed line sms working for some time now.

Can anybody tell me, if he is actualy using this with asterisk in germany?

I have followed the instructions found on voip-info.

I was successful a couple of years ago with asterisk 1.0.7 and an normal
telekom isdn line.

Now i want fixed line sms over an Dokom PRI with Asterisk 1.2.9. Here in
Germany the Materna AnnyWay Service has to be used, its service number
has changed to
09003266900 some time ago.

As i understand it you have to send an SMS first, before actually able
to receive SMS, so i tried to use smsq with these parameters:

smsq --queue SMS-outgoing --motx-channel Zap/g1/09003266900
--motx-callerid XXX --da YYY -m "Dies ist eine Testnachricht"

XXX = The Number from which the sms should be originating and to which i
want to receive SMS
YYY = The Number i want an SMS deliviered

After issuing the command an call file is generated and asterisk dials,
but the call retries 10 times without transmitting anything.

For a try i set the motx-channel to a phone of mine a listened to the
audio that gets send.

Now i am curious if i am still make something wrong, if i should contact
my telekom provider or Marterna.

Has anybody some hint for me?

If i get it working stable i will update the wiki page ob voip-info

Regards,

Tobias Wolf