[asterisk-users] More Broadvoice woes. Who's fault could this be?

Jon Miron mironj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 02:45:00 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing list for this (I was going
to send to Asterisk-Biz, but seems more for this one).

Anyway, I'm having more problems with Broadvoice.  I still can't get
calls unless I comment out the secret= line in sip.conf, but now I
can't even place test calls to it from my cell phone.  When I do, I
get a fax macine.  Debugging SIP shows NO call activity what so ever.
This call clearly isn't being directed to my BV number.  If I try to
call it using Skype I get the same thing.  Calling from a land line I
don't the fax machine, but rather a fast busy signal because my
Asterisk box is rejecting the call.

I'm really a loss at who to contact.  I have a feeling if I phone my
cell phone provider they'll blow me off, and I know Broadvoice won't
even answer my emails.

Has anyone else ever had this happen?  I'm in the process of porting
the number over to another company.  Any idea if this problem might
follow me once that's completed?

Thanks in advance!