[asterisk-users] Anyone used Siemens SIP/Dect phones?

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Sat Mar 22 16:36:41 CDT 2008

> They're really good and coverage is excellent, but for one thing: They
> base stations lose registration with the asterisk box after some time and
> need rebooting.

I've not played with the C460s, but have deployed plenty of S450s, and they did indeed exhibit this behaviour in earlier firmware versions, and where the asterisk server is over a less-than-ideal connection.

The S450s are pretty good and largely problem free given the following conditions:
1) The base station and the asterisk server are on the same LAN
2) You only register one handset per S450 base - registering multiple handsets seems to lead to all sorts of stability issues

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it