[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk ready for Prime-Time?

RE Kushner List Account lists at darl.com
Thu Mar 20 14:01:24 CDT 2008

Al Baker wrote:
> Quote"
>
> This code is pre-Asterisk 1.0... It processes quite a few calls daily, I
> have about 1,800 DID numbers pointed at it, "
>
> Are you SURE on that figure. Since you cold have at MOST 4 T1's coming into that box, 1,800  DIDs pointing to it sems like
> one hell of a congestion problem and a Dialplan thicker than War and Peace

I said DID numbers, they point to a PRI trunk group to a T400P, then the
calls go IAX2 to other boxes for processing based on NPA/NXX.

IE: exten=>_906586XXXX,1,Dial,IAX2/un:pw at asterisk50/${EXTEN}@ninezerosix

And if anything comes in for something not configured this catches it

exten => _NXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial,sip/sipdebug/s

If you figure standard telco usage patters, 92 channels @ 25:1 ratio, I
have quite a bit of headroom.

-Ron