[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk ready for Prime-Time?

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Wed Mar 19 18:58:47 CDT 2008

> Are you SURE on that figure. Since you cold have at MOST 4 T1's coming into
> that box, 1,800  DIDs pointing to it sems like
> one hell of a congestion problem and a Dialplan thicker than War and Peace

We have a box with 5,000 DDIs coming into 2 PRIs. The number of DDIs isn't particularly important - it's the number of concurrent calls that affect things, and on these numbers it's surprising if they get more than a couple of calls a day.

Dialplan's pretty simple too - DDIs are in minimum 100 number blocks and get pushed out to remote asterisk servers, so for each remote server, it's only 1 line:
exten => [number]XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/someserver/${EXTEN})

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it