[asterisk-users] Multiple sites, same extension

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Thu Mar 20 12:21:58 CDT 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 20.03.2008, 08:59 -0600 schrieb Aaron Fransen:
> Holy Mackeral. Ignore that last message. I still do NOT know how to
> route calls with the same extension being used in two locations,
> however the issue I've resolved is getting Cisco CallManager and
> Asterisk talking together properly.

>                 I've tried a dialing plan like:
>
>                 exten => _8101XXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:4},,r)
>
>                 to no avail.

Hi Aaron,

for my personal taste your Dial() command is lacking a SIP domain (or IP
address). Consider location A (Asterisk 10.1.1.1, prefix 8101) and
location B (Asterisk 10.2.2.2, prefix 8202), where users at B want to
dial 81012000 for extension 2000 at location A.

In that case, your Dial command looks like
Dial(SIP/2000,,r), which looks pretty much useless, unless one of B's
local (see, local to B, not A!) SIP peers has a [2000] stanza in
sip.conf, and even then you would not call peer 2000 at A, but at local
(B).

If you replace your command with
Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:4}@10.1.1.1,,r)
the world looks completely different.